10.04.2008

Struthers vs.Salem

Yippie! We almost won last night! As asinine as the latter may sound it was atcually a pretty good game. A few times during the night there were exciting high moments when we were winning or about to tie. Alas, though, we lost by a touchdown and a field goal. But it must have been one of the most enjoyable games this season considering we're 0-7. Sigh.

Being the major band geek that I am, I suppose last night was one of our best preformances alongside the football team's. I feel that I myself did a great job, in contrast to the previous games and shows, but overall the whole band sounded and looked fantastic from what others were saying.

I am very excited about our new director, Mr. Mike Carden. Though more that nintey-five percent of the band cannot agree. People just do not give him their respect and consideration. It makes me rather upset that after going through a year of "hell", in certain terms, that I must listen to these childish and imature complaints. Most of them are from the upper-classman who are supposedly more "mature" than I or other lower-classmen. In fact, if I seen a bit rash about this it is because I have very strong feelings not only for band but music itself.

In high school, every kid has their "thing." Well band is mine, so naturally I applaud any positive change the director wants to make. Which would be trying to make us actually good. The previous guy never bothered with that, for goodness sakes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HqSfVj_oZI&feature=user





N.P. Reed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was rather pleased with Mr. Carden up until last night.

I understand that we all make mistakes. But... pre-game thouroughly dissappointed me.

I feel just as passionate about music as you do i'm sure, considering it is my outlet for everything from emotions to being the outlet I can use to feel closest to God.

But, i'm sure my wave of anger at the pre-game situation will subside and i'll go back to liking him.

Don't forget though that many people feel as if something special to them is being ripped away from them.

We as humans cling to what we know. We cling to the concrete, the unchangeable. And Carden, for most of the upper classmen is doing exactly what every persons' fear is. He's changing everything. And, people react differently to change. I'm sure thats why people are having such a hard time adjusting to him. Why they're so 'immaturely' complaining.

And I agree for some of them, its because they're ignorant and slightly ungrateful of the fact that we even have band, or that they're holding grudges because their parents force them to be in band. But maybe, for one or two of them... band was a constant in their life. And, now it's being changed.

We all have our own definition of our life's "hell", our all-time low. Be careful in insinuating that they're childish, because they complain about something minute compared to what you went though. Because, we don't know everyone. We don't know their pasts. And we don't know their "hells".

Just a little food for thought.

Anonymous said...

BTW. The above post was Katie.
Haha.